My photo
Just trying to be a happy girl, with a happy heart.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random

My therapist wants me to journal all of my feelings.

It's really not that interesting. There's a whole lotta I'm sad and I spent the day crying, and yada, yada, yada.

Sometimes I wish I could write faster. It seems as if I'm on my fifth thought and I haven't even finished writing my first. I worry that I'll forget to write down what I'm feeling and then I'll have to FEEL it again. And I hate that my handwriting is so messy.
I've thought about using the computer and keeping my journal in Word. But somehow I feel that's less genuine. Maybe my messy handwriting is indicative of my jumbled up feelings.
In any case, it's wordy and all mixed up and a pain to keep up with in general. But when my therapist talks, I listen.
Which made me think, it must've been a bitch to write novels in the days before computers. Everything by hand? Sheesh. Editing must've been a nightmare. I mean, think of Shakespeare. If that doesn't make your hand cramp up I don't know what will.

I guess people back then had problems, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment